Saturday, February 20, 2010

Volume License Keys For The 2007 Microsoft Office System How Can I Change The OEM License Key On Server 2003 To A Volume License?

How can I change the OEM License Key on Server 2003 to a Volume License? - volume license keys for the 2007 microsoft office system

In preparation for a new plan for disaster recovery, I have to change the OEM (factory-installed Dell server 2003 OS) license key recently acquired a number of volume licenses. This must be done so that Windows will be registered and then work with various hardware was originally installed in the event of a recovery on a new hardware after a disaster.

This server must be implemented in a database server, a very large and complex. I was by my source of disaster recovery information is the only way to reinstall Windows or use the new key, or perform a complete repair of Windows and type the new password in the installation process. A repair of Windows is risky because there is a large and complex server.

I read the following MS Knowledge Base article, it refers to a changeVolume License Key, and not specifically change the OEM license number.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918342

Can we say with certainty whether it still works? unless someone can offer suggestions?

Thank you!

1 comments:

Curious1 said...

I used Server 2003 and I believe that often the best way would be to ntbackup.exe a full backup and system state to provide for the operating system for servers wth reinstall the new key files. Good luck!

Post a Comment